UNIMA - University of Malawi
Role in the project
- Survey the current SODIS and ceramic filtration systems in Malawi and sub Saharan Africa.
- Design and develop a combined solar-ceramic filtration unit for the treatment of drinking water
- Comparative evaluation of a prototype product for the inactivation/removal of waterborne pathogens during water treatment under controlled conditions.
- Health impact assessment of the use of the product in Malawi under field conditions.
- Evaluation of the long-term operation of the product, including user acceptability, life span, stability of the materials and possible migration of chemicals to water.
- Street: Kamuzu Highway
- City: Blantyre
- Country: Malawi
- Telephone: +265 1 870 411
Area of OperationsPartners
On the map
Fill in your address into the address field below the map and the shortest route will be calculated.